This is Shruti here. I have a quick photo tutorial on how I made an explosion box with my Silhouette Cameo. This is going to be a photo heavy post so be prepared!
I used the 3D pocket Explosion box cutting file by Lori Whitlock from the Silhouette Design store.
Let us first begin with the lid of the explosion box. I chose a pink cardstock for the lid.
For the Eiffel tower I used this cut file by Samantha Walker from the Silhouette Design Store.
I glued them together using a double sided tape.
I added little color and glitter on to it and sealed it with some glossy accent. The tower was adhered on to the lid using the glossy accent as well. I also added some flowers, lace, ribbon and some other elements to jazz up the lid.
Now on to the second half of the box.
I chose this really pretty floral cardstock for the first layer of my box.
I made some pockets with journaling cards and photo mats and used some beautiful elements to doll up the plain pattern paper. Here is a closer look at some of them.
Now for the second layer, I chose yet another pattern paper from the Marion Smith Designs Romance Novel II collection. This layer was cutout with the pockets, so all I had to do was add some photo mats and journaling cards.
I am in love with this Shine Sequin Embellishments by Maggie Holmes. Here is a closer look at it.
Now going on to the last layer.
The cut file for this layer too came with a pocket so it just made it easy for me.
I added a little box, cut using my Silhouette Cameo, in the center.
Here is a look at the journaling cards and photo mats put in the pockets.
I hope you guys like it. For a complete list of supplies used for this explosion box scroll down below.
Don’t forget to participate in our Monthly Challenge for February.
For this month’s challenge, here are the guidelines:
- Create a project with “Love” as a theme.
- Upload your entry at our Member Gallery and link us up in this thread in the forum “February 2016 challenge – ‘Love’”.
- All entries are due by February 29, 2016.
- Challenge winner will receive a prize pack worth AED50.
- A winner will be announced only if we have THREE new submissions.
- All projects submitted for the challenge must be NEW and created AFTER the challenge went live.
– See more at: https://nielouphar.com/stamping-102-basic-stamping-techniques-video-tutorial/#sthash.pJ4RLbcR.dpuf
That is all from me for today, folks!
Until next time,
- Silhouette Cameo
- Maggie Holmes Shine Sequin Embellishments 9/Pkg
- Maggie Holmes Glittered Stickers 3/Pkg Gold Basics – Hearts, Circles & Stars
- American Crafts Amy Tan Finders Keepers Stamped Mylar Flair
- Idea-Ology Metallic Trimmings
- Marion Smith Designs Junque & Gems Resin Flowers
- My Mind’s Eye – Miss Caroline Collection – Dolled Up – Pins and Buttons
- American Crafts Amy Tan Finders Keepers Puffy Stickers
- Webster’s Pages Hello World Variety Pack Charms
- Marion Smith Designs Romance Novel II 12×12″ Patterned Papers
- Simple Stories I Am Gold Foil Elements 12×12″ Designer Cardstock
- American Crafts 12×12″ Textured Cardstock Salmon
- Inkessentials – Glossy accent