Hi everyone! It is time for a new challenge!
Shruti here to announce our new challenge for the month of March. This month we are focusing on this beautiful Spring inspired pastel colors on this color palette.
Image source: http://www.paintedbyprestige.com/paint-colors/pretty-pretty-pastels-theyre-in/
We want this to be all about having fun so feel free to use this palette to make anything crafty inspired by these colors.
I decided to make a scrapbook layout this month. Its been a while since I made one so was really excited to make one.
To begin with, I took out my foam alpha stickers and stuck them on to my embossed polka dotted green cardstock.
I slathered two layers of gesso on top of the alphas to make sure the green color does not peep through
I dry brushed some light blue matte acrylic paint on top to give it a rustic look.
Here is a closer look. You can also see the embossed polka dot peeking through the blue color.
I trimmed an inch and a half from all the four sides.
The alpha cardstock is placed on this kraft colored pattern paper.
Now on to the other elements for the layout. I used my Silhouette Sketch markers to sketch out this doily and cut using my Silhouette Cameo.
I cut these doilies into half for make a border around the alpha cardstock.
This beautiful Maggie Holmes Shine Foiled Acetate added a perfect touch to my layout
I finished it adding other elements and here is the final look.
I hope you guys like it. For a complete list of supplies used for this layout scroll down below.
To enter this month’s challenge, here are the guidelines:
- Create a project with “Color Palette” as a theme.
- Upload your entry at our Member Gallery and link us up in this thread in the forum “March 2016 challenge – ‘Color Palette’”.
- All entries are due by March, 2016.
- Challenge winner will receive a prize pack worth AED50.
- A winner will be announced only if we have THREE new submissions.
- All projects submitted for the challenge must be NEW and created AFTER the challenge went live.
– See more at: https://nielouphar.com/eiffel-tower-explosion-box/#sthash.ijh32kEV.dpuf
- Silhouette Cameo
- Maggie Holmes Shine Foiled Acetate
- Glitter Silhouette Sketch Pens
- Carta Bella It’s A Girl 6×6″ Paper Pad
- Crate Paper Close Knit Wonder/Shamrock Foam Thickers
- Echo Park Paper Lucky In Love Cardstock Stickers 12″X12″
- Bazzill Cardstock Dotted Swiss Irish Eyes 12×12″ Cardstock
- Carta Bella Collection It’s A Girl – Ephemera
- Prima Arts Basic Gesso White