Hello! Donna here for my take on this month’s theme: “Inspired by Pinterest Challenge”. Open and browse Pinterest for images that catch your attention then take inspiration from that image.
As for my project, I made a collage of images from 3 different sources of inspiration.
The first image is my focal inspiration – the flowers, butterflies and b/w photo. From the second image, I chose to take inspiration mostly from the colors, the banner, and flowers (again). Then from the third and last image, I took the brush stroke and gold/glitter element.
Here is a step by step tutorial on how I created my layout:
- Cut flowers, butterflies, leaves and other embellishments to be used.
- Paint with acrylic paint. I used Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint by Prima Marketing Inc.
- You may also use Tonic Studios‘ Nuvo products – Gilded flakes and Embellishment Mousse to some of the die cut shapes
- Choose different patterned papers to cut more shapes. Gather everything together to see if you need more of each kind.
5. Splatter some watercolor to the background paper. Use the scalloped die cut frames to anchor the page design. I used the metal die itself to cut a circle in the middle.
6. Place the rest of the die cut frames around the page to see how everything looks before adhering.
7. Once adhered, you can start placing the other embellishments.
And this is how my layout turned out
Brushing some metallique acrylic paint under the stack of photos adds a bit of texture and color
I scattered sequins all throughout the page. This cute cat is just perfect because my daughter loves cats!
The clusters of flowers, butterflies, and leaves turned out really pretty, if I may say so.
They look like bouquets! I also have a few Oh My Heart epoxy stickers left from previous DT kits so I used them here.
I love how the pink embellishment mousse peeking out under the banner! I used dimensional foam tape to some of the flowers for height. I fussy cut the words wonderful you from one of the foiled patterned papers
That’s all from me today and I hope my project inspired you to join our challenge.
To enter this month’s challenge, here are the guidelines:
- Create a project with the theme “Inspired by Pinterest”.
- Upload your entry to our Member Gallery and link us up in this thread in the forum July 2017 Challenge – Inspired by Pinterest.
- All entries are due by July 31, 2017.
- Challenge winner will receive a prize pack worth AED50.
- A winner will be announced only if we have THREE new submissions.
- All projects submitted for the challenge must be NEW and created AFTER the challenge went live.