It is me, Shruti, here to end this month with my take on the ‘Black, White and a splash of color‘ challenge going on on our blog. It is one of my favorite color challenges to work on. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all of my fellow design team member’s works over this month. Each of them have been truly jaw dropping.
A lot of rough sketches were made before I started working on this layout but at the end it, as always, ended up being something even better than I had envisioned. I am in love with this layout and it truly is my personal favorite from all the layouts I’ve made so far.
So, without further ado, let us begin with the tutorial.
I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut this beautiful delicate rose lace background which I went ahead and colored using distress markers to give it this gradient effect.
I trimmed a 12″x12″ pattern paper down to 9×9 inches.
This dry brush technique is one of the best things I had learnt from the very talented Bipasha when I attended one of her workshops here in Dubai. I cannot thank her enough for that! The technique gave this plain cardstock a very rustic look which I LOVE! In case you are wondering, I used some white acrylic paint for the effect.
I ran the blade of my scissor down the edges of the pattern paper to give it this rustic look.
I colored these beautiful Prima leaves using distress markers with gentle outward brush strokes. They need not be perfect.
I first glued down the rose lace background on top of the cardstock and then the pattern paper. The leaves were randomly tucked behind the pattern paper and adhered as well.
Scraps left behind from the trimmed pattern paper were cut into strips and painted using some black and white acrylic paint to go with the color scheme of the layout.
I also dry-brushed some black acrylic paint on the edges of the pattern paper.
The strips were cut and placed under the photo.
I cut a piece of burlap and colored it with some pink acrylic paint to go with the color theme,
I added this beautiful sprig of leaves and flowers by Prima. I also tucked some random pink flowers under the pattern paper.
I finished the layout adding a title and a sentiment
And voila! My layout is done!
Here is a closer look at all the elements
I hope you guys liked it. If you did, then I would love to hear from you in the comments section below.
Now its your turn to amaze us with your work! And if you are lucky enough then you’ll win a goodie bag worth AED 50 from our store. How awesome is that?!
So put on your creative hat and enter the challenge!
Until next time..
- Silhouette Cameo
- Prima Marketing Crisp Foliage
- Tim Holtz Distress Markers
- Bazzill Classic Cardstock – Black
- Prima Marketing Tales – You & Me Flowers
- Pink Paislee Portfolio Alphabet Sticker
- Acrylic paint
- Paper Trimmer
To enter this month’s challenge, here are the guidelines:
- Create a project with the colours- Black, White & a splash of Colour.
- Upload your entry at our Member Gallery and link us up in this thread in the forum “ July 2016 Challenge – Black, White & a splash of Colour.
- All entries are due by July 31, 2016.
- Challenge winner will receive a prize pack worth AED50.
- A winner will be announced only if we have THREE new submissions.
- All projects submitted for the challenge must be NEW and created AFTER the challenge went live.
– See more at: https://nielouphar.com/july-challenge-intro-black-white-splash-colour-photo-tutorial/#sthash.NyVyN7Vj.dpuf