Hello and happy December to all the lovely readers of PPS!
Its Pooja again ! Hope you all are doing well ! This year has gone by in a flash really !! I cant believe its December already !!
But a new month calls for a new challenge here on PPS and we have this super awesome theme this time its called secret santa !!
My secret Santa items were – Chipboard , Mists and Matchsticks ! Given by Bipasha 🙂
I thought that was clever and so much fun !! I just finished making a card which i am pleased to share with you all .
Here is how i made this card –
- My card base size is 5 inches by 11.5 Inches on a white cardstock.
- I scored the card base on the longer side at 4.5 and 9 inches as shown below.
- Next up i did valley folds on both the score lines.
- Once that was done i die cut the right side (Shorter piece at the end) as shown above to cut out a shaped edge to the card.
- You can use any type of framed die to do this step. just insert your card edges into the die as shown , with the cutting side down and cut the pieces.
- Thats my card base ready with a nice shaped edge !
- Next I added patterned paper to my card.
- Meanwhile I used some Heidi Swapp mists on some Prima leaves to color them (And MIST is a check ! )
- Then i added another piece of dotted pattern paper to the shaped flap.
- After which i added a doily diecut to the larger flap. I like it white because it will make my other elements a pop while giving a delicate lacy and white background.
- Next i stamped my chipboard sticker with some archival black ink! (CHIPBOARD check ! )
- I then added the chipboard sticker to the center of the doily with some half cut flowers on the sides .
- My next step is was to add some seam binding ribbon. Which basically ties into a bow and keeps the card closed when tied up.
- Then i added a die cut piece with butterfly wings cut and attached to the side.
- After which i added the lovely bird resin piece on top! (Love prima resins ! they make such wonderful focal points !)
- I then added my flower embellishments. With 2 matchsticks dipped in glitter as pollen sticks ! (MATCHSTICKS Check !) I did think of adding a box itself but i decided against using it because that was messing up my focal point.
Here are some close ups ! apologies for bright pictures they are all shot under a spot light as we dont have much sunshine around here in winters.
Once you open the ribbon the card unfolds like this
Again i have left the insides blank for my own message to be written.
Now its your turn ! Join us with any of the 3 element combinations that the DT members have picked for each other and mention which ones you used.
The 4 different challenge theme items given by the respective DTs are:
1. Bubble wrap, watercolour, triangle : Ujjwal
2. Chipboards, any colour mist, matchstick : Bipasha
3. Feathers, Paint Brush, Frame : Pooja
4. Chalk, hearts, acetate : Nikita
Here is what you have to do for this month’s challenge:
1. Create a project incorporating any of the DTs’ selected 3 items, mentioning it in your project post.
2. Upload your entry at our members gallery and link us up in this thread in the forum “December 2015 challenge – “Secret Santa”.
3. All entries are due by December 31, 2015. Challenge winner will receive a prize pack worth AED50.
1. A winner will be announced only if we have THREE new submissions.
2. All projects submitted for the challenge must be new and created AFTER the challenge went live.
Well i hope you enjoyed my post and tutorial .. it has always been fun sharing my projects here on PPS. This is going to be my last post as a DT member as i take a break to refuel. I have always been glad to be part of this team and i give everyone at PPS (Readers included ) a big and happy hug . Happy new year folks ! Keep the good stuff coming !
With that its me , signing off ! See you guys on the other side 🙂
Crate Paper – Craft market paper pad 6×6
Crate paper – Fresh paint double sided 12×12 cardstock
Pink Paislee -Cedar Lane paper pad 6×6
Maggie Holmes open book – diecuts
Memorandum gold foil white & black accent stickers
Cherry Lynn -french pastry die
Prima – Bed time story chipboard stickers
Heidi Swapp color shine mist – Raspberry
Heidi Swapp color shine mist – Citron
Matchsticks (First burned out for safety)
Seam binding – Ribbons